People have the chance to give their views on a draft masterplan for the Oval and Kennington area which has the potential to become the biggest single redevelopment in Lambeth.
The decommissioning of the Oval Gas Works presents a range of options for the area, much of which is designated as a Key Industry and Business Area (KIBA) in the Lambeth Local Plan and earmarked for industrial and business use, rather than residential. The six week public consultation starts on November 4th and will gauge public support for reconsidering the KIBA designation which would mean Lambeth Council revising the Lambeth Local Plan.
If community feedback and resulting council assessment support the de-designation of the KIBA and the draft masterplan proposals, future planning applications could bring over 1,400 new jobs, 1,250 new homes and a large area of improved public open space. Any planning applications would be subject to the usual process and statutory period of consultation.
The draft Oval and Kennington Development Area (OAKDA) Masterplan has been prepared by Berkeley Homes, in cooperation with Lambeth Council.
Consultation will begin on Wednesday 4 November and end on Wednesday 16 December 2015.
See the proposals
• Go online: http://www.oakda.co.uk
• Visit: Durning Library, 167 Kenning Lane SE11 4HF.
Talk about the proposals
• Drop-in sessions: Durning Library on Mondays 4-6pm and Wednesdays 1-3pm throughout the consultation period.
• Presentation evenings: come along to Kia Oval, Kennington, SE11 5SS (enter via the Alec Stuart Gate) at 6.30-8.30pm on:
o Monday 9 November
o Wednesday 18 November
o Tuesday 1 December
• Call us: 020 8786 6130 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
Tell us what you think
• Comment online: http://www.oakda.co.uk
• Send an email: email@example.com
• Write to us: FREEPOST RTCC-HTSG-EUKK, 2a High Street, Thames Ditton, KT7 0RY
• Complete a Feedback Form – available at Durning Library and the presentation evenings.