Lambeth Council’s free fireworks display will be held tonight (November 5) at Brockwell Park.
The event from 5pm to 10pm will also feature a fun fair, food stalls, bar and roaming entertainers in addition to a fireworks display.
To allow the popular event to run smoothly some of the roads around the park will be closed to traffic.
The Norwood Road slip road at the junction of Herne Hill Gate leading onto Dulwich Road will be closed from 10am on Monday, November 4 until 11pm on Tuesday, November 5.
But the ‘no left turn’ at the traffic island will be lifted to allowing traffic to turn left into Dulwich Road from Norwood Road.
From 2pm to 11pm on Tuesday, November 5 Railton Road from junction with Rymer Street to the junction of Dulwich Road/Norwood Road will be closed.
From around 7.45pm to 8.30pm, a temporary road closure will be put in place for up to an hour, but could be enforced for a longer period if needed.
This will create a temporary traffic free junction of Dulwich Road, Norwood Road and Herne Hill to allow people to leave the event safely.
Road that will be temporarily closed are:
- Half Moon Lane from the western kerb line of Stradella Road to the eastern kerb line of Herne Hill
- Herne Hill from the south western kerb line of Gubyon Avenue to the northern kerb line of Half Moon Lane
- Milkwood Road from the south eastern kerb line of Shardcroft Avenue to the north western kerb line of Half Moon Lane
- Dulwich Road from the south eastern kerb line of Rymer Street to the north western kerb line of Half Moon Lane
- Norwood Road from the northern kerb line of Croxted Road to the south western kerb line of Dulwich Road
- Morval Road
There will also be parking suspensions as follows on Tuesday, November 5 from 8.30am until 11pm;
- Hurst Street from Dulwich Road to Railton Road
- Railton Road from Rymer Street to Shakespeare Road
- Dulwich Road from Norwood Road to Spenser Road
- Rymer Street from Dulwich Road to Railton Road
- Half Moon Lane from Stradella Road to Dulwich Road/Norwood Road
- Herne Hill from Half Moon Lane to Gubyon Avenue
- Milkwood Road from Half Moon Lane to Shardcroft Avenue
London Buses will be suspending all bus stops on Dulwich Road between Norwood Road and Spencer Road in both directions from 4pm to 11pm on Tuesday, November 5.
Bus route 201 will not be stopping at its usual stand, and a temporary stand will be available on Rymer Street. The southbound bus stop on Norwood road opposite Brockwell Park will also be suspended for the night.
Bus route 322 from 6am to 11pm on Tuesday, November 5 will be diverted from Dulwich Road via Milton Road to Railton Road and will not serve the bus stop at Regent Road.
For more transport information visit www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/buses.
To find out more about the event phone Lambeth Events 0207 926 6207.