We want to work with you to deliver a library service that is really excellent. This will include a traditional approach where there is a quiet space to come and read or collect the latest novel to take home. As well as changing to be in tune with the way that people live – we know that people want to download books onto their e-readers and look at them on the tube.
The challenge is to create a service that offers something useful to everyone and we are committed to addressing this. Some improvements are happening straight away, but we need you to help us with some of the big decisions about what to do next.
You can take part in the consultation anytime from now until Friday 27 April 2012.
We have two remaining meetings that everyone is welcome to attend:
Tuesday 17 April from 7pm – 9pm, Upper Norwood Joint Library, 41 Westow Hill, SE19 1TJ
Thursday 26 April from 7pm-9pm, Central Hill Day Centre, Lunham Road, SE11 1AA
We are determined to make the experience of going to your local library a positive one and some Ideas for the future include:
- computers, e-books, newspapers and magazines, audio books
- a range of activities for all age range
- having efficient modern equipment
- it might also be about us being a place for you to get advice on benefits or even to sort out getting your garden waste collected.
If you want to take part and give us your ideas you can:
- complete the cooperative libraries consultation survey online at www.lambeth.gov.uk/cooperativelibraries
- download and complete the cooperative libraries consultation survey http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/cooperativelibraries
- call 0800 013 1497
- text 07772 103 628
- email CooperativeLibraries@lambeth.gov.uk
- write to: Freepost RSKJ-YSKA-AUSA, ACS Consultation, Lambeth Adults’ and Community Services, Phoenix House, 10 Wandsworth Road, London SW8 2LL.
- or attend one of the remaining meetings