Lambeth Council is offering the perfect remedy for entrepreneurs whose ventures are in need of a ‘pick me up’. A twice monthly business surgery will be open each month for budding and established enterprises in need of advice or assistance.
The surgeries are staffed by specialist employment and enterprise council officers, and take place on the first and third Thursday of each month between 5pm and 7pm. They are held at various locations across Lambeth and cover a range of services including:
- bidding for council and public sector contracts
- social enterprise support
- business management training and support
- employment and apprenticeships
- access to local business networks and forums
- • access to finance
Councillor Sally Prentice, deputy cabinet member for employment and enterprise said: “There is a thriving entrepreneurial spirit in Lambeth that we are keen to encourage and support. These surgeries can offer a boost to business owners and people considering setting up their own enterprise by giving pointers and advice that could take their ventures to the next level.
“I would encourage as many people as possible to visit one of the events”.
The current programme of business surgeries take place until the end of the year on the following dates and venues:
- November 17 at the Clapham Community Project, St. Anne’s Hall, 31-33 Bromells Rd, Clapham SW4 0BN
- December 1 at Phoenix House, 10 Wandsworth Rd, Vauxhall SW8 2LL
- December 15 at Living Space, 1 Coral Street, Waterloo, SE1 7BE.