Lambeth Council has launched a new set of services standards that detail the type of service you can expect from the council and how you will receive it.
With more than 500 council services delivered to more than 270,000 Lambeth residents every year, customer service is at the heart of what we do. Our newly revised service standards are part of our commitment to delivering excellent customer services.
We promise that:
If you call one of our advertised telephone numbers we will:
- aim to answer your call within five rings
- divert our phone to a colleague or voicemail if we are unavailable
- tell you our department and give you our name when we answer
- return your phone calls within two working days or when you ask us to
- provide a telephone interpreting service if you are hard of hearing, deaf or speak a different language.
If you visit one of our Customer Centres we will:
- welcome you and offer assistance to help
- ensure all of our staff are wearing a name badge and can be easily identified
- provide a pleasant, clean, tidy and safe reception area
- direct you to the appropriate person or team
- keep waiting times as short as possible for customers without an appointment
- if you have an appointment with us we will see you within 20 minutes of your appointment time
- ensure everyone can gain easy access to our services.
If you send us an email, website form or write to us we will:
- aim to acknowledge your correspondence within two working days and respond fully within 10 working days
- update you on progress and advise you when we can respond if we are unable to respond in full
- provide well-structured responses, using plain language responding to all the points raised.
Councillor Jackie Meldrum, Deputy Leader of Lambeth Council, said: “Our service standards set out what residents can expect from us when they contact us or use any of our services. They apply to everyone working for us, including all council employees and councillors.
“We have developed and implemented our service standards to help improve the service we provide to residents. They will help us to measure our services and identify areas where improvement is needed. We are fully committed to these standards and hope that residents, our customers, benefit from knowing what they can expect from us”.
To mark the launch of the service standards and to celebrate National Customer Service Week we have launched a competition to find Lambeth Council’s top customer service champion.
Nomination cards are available from Lambeth libraries, leisure centres, customer centres and Lambeth town Hall. Residents can also complete the nomination form online. All residents need to do is let us know the name of a Lambeth employee who has made a difference to them and how they have done that.
To find out more about Lambeth Council’s commitment to customer service or to nominate a Lambeth employee for an award online, visit our service standards page.